The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for diagnosing and repairing problems with all production equipment including forklifts, conveyors, packaging lines, and blenders. Additionally, Maintenance Supervisor will perform routine preventative maintenance to minimize equipment downtime and ensure the product produced is of the highest quality and safe. This role will require to run the day to day operation of the maintenance department, daily documentation pertaining to downtime, spare parts, and preventative maintenance performed. This role will also assist with equipment changeovers.
1. Provides effective leadership, direction and coaching to direct and indirect reports including, but not limited to, delegating, staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
2. Able to proficiently diagnose, repair, replace and/or overhaul all mechanical and electrical components for numerous types of equipment to include but not limited to material handling equipment, packaging lines, blenders, conveyors and related software programs, hydraulic equipment, electrically operated equipment, air compressors, refrigeration/heating systems, air handlers and ductwork, variable speed controllers, etc.
3. Plans and directs maintenance activities, operational schedules and establishes priorities to meet operational standards, cost factors, and quality specifications.
4. Manage and adhere to all safety guidelines and metrics as set for by the department and identify and ensure additional guidelines and metrics are created as the operation expands.
5. Ensure food safety, product quality, and plant safety guidelines are met as specified by federal, state, local authorities including OSHA, HAACP, GMP, plant specific and company guidelines.
6. Analyzes and resolves work flow, production equipment issues, and develops department SOPs/guidelines to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness. Will conduct root cause analysis and make recommendations for improvements.
7. Execute daily operations plan with efficient and effective use of resources, minimizing down time, while maximizing productivity.
8. Generate and review production and operating reports, financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and evaluate department performance. Communicate disseminate information and reports to peers and stakeholders.