The Environmental Health, Safety, and Sanitation Manager is responsible for formulating strategy and executing initiatives aimed at driving product and employee health and safety, as well as Supply Chain sustainability (environmental initiatives). This position leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive environmental, safety and health programs including programs, policies and procedures that are compliant and promote continuous improvement.
While this position will primarily focus on our Owings Mills manufacturing facility, the role will partner with additional SC site leaders to identify and deploy similar initiatives throughout the SC.
Provides the leadership, direction and support necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and standards to meet or exceed relevant internal and external safety & environmental standards in a manner consistent with sound business practice.
The position may direct the work of other salary or hourly persons and/or consultants.
· Requires the ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels within the organization from corporate, regional and plant management to supervisors and hourly employees in the production areas.
· Requires the ability to effectively manage personnel and budget to meet targeted objectives. Detailed knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
· Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes
· Superior communication skills – verbal and written
· Ability to manage and train staff including organizing, prioritizing, scheduling daily work and projects and promoting professional development
· Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
· Able to understand and execute processes including recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, measuring and assessing success and identifying areas of improvement
· Ability to work under pressure
· Skill in budget preparation and management
· Ability to develop and implement environmental and safety policies, programs, and training
· Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP computer applications
· Knowledge of manufacturing practices and processes
· Ability to adjust work hours as needed
· Able to climb ladders and stairs and the ability to lift moderately heavy items such as test equipment or materials
· Demonstrated ability to move between tasks and projects on short notice and to quickly change priorities based on customer and department needs, while still meeting project deadlines (Flexibility is key in this role as priorities change quickly)
· Able to work well in a team environment or independently