The Demand Planning Manager will be responsible for building out and managing all day-to-day needs of a newly created demand planning department. This person will work closely with our Field and FP&A teams each month to align on overall enterprise-wide customer demand and then be responsible for converting that into an item level unit sales forecast. This person will then coordinate closely with the Supply Planning team who will use this data to plan production, purchases, and manage overall inventory levels.
1. Provides effective leadership, direction and coaching to direct and indirect reports including, but not limited to, delegating, staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
2. Prepare, coordinate, and run monthly bottoms-up SKU level forecast meeting with Planning, Sourcing, and other relevant stakeholders.
3. Serve as a key Supply Chain representative in monthly demand forecast alignment reviews with the Financial Planning & Analysis and Field Marketing teams—translating a bottoms-up demand forecast into aggregate unit demand, and then comparing with revenue growth projections to identify and effectively work through gaps to these plans.
4. Provide analysis of historical sales unit data, sensitivity, and correlation to various financial and non-financial indicators of growth, including trying to identify trends (gross units, food product, return rates, shift in category, brand, channel, seasonality, etc.).
5. Act as an owner of unit forecast for all demand planned items (finished goods, non-food items, print, marketing, etc.), for all new product launch items as well as item sunset/discontinuation/swaps, factoring impact of cannibalization, as well as various scenario planning needs.
6. Work closely with Marketing and Field teams to track sales impact of promotions, kit contents and changes, and other marketing driven initiatives.
7. Manage the FM (Forecast Management) module of DSX (our Demand Solutions forecasting system).
a. Validate data each month (sales history, correct aggregation/proration, item data, forecast settings/flags).
b. Adjust any history to account for promotions, item swaps, effect of disco’s on remaining active items.
c. Run monthly processes to create system forecast for review.
d. Review/edit system rolling 18-month forecast prior to review with broader team.
e. Maintains all required parameters in forecasting software.
8. Track full monthly forecast accuracy by item, brand, category, etc., and MTD sales vs prorated monthly forecast and alerting to issues/deviations.
9. Respond to ad-hoc requests for historical, forecast info by various categories or similar data requests.
10. Provide reporting to support daily, weekly, monthly and other department needs including helping to prepare monthly S&OP documents.
11. Projects include incorporation of scheduled customer auto-ship orders into forecast process, working with BI team to create an order CUBE, development of international sales forecasts (shared country SKUs), and assisting with ongoing implementation of Oracle Cloud ERP system.
12. Other duties as assigned.