The Wave Planner will assist in prioritizing work flow throughout the distribution center in order to meet business needs. The Wave Planner will also aid in wave planning, coordinating orders with customer service, operations and transportation, tracking the progress of waves, releasing work to the floor, and maintaining and open line of communication with the operations management team as well as assist in making and clearly communicating key business decisions.
This is a 2nd shift position from 4:00pm- 2:00am
2. Completes the waves in warehouse management system to include fixing wave shortages.
3. Completing and sending out hourly report and final report.
4. Prioritize daily schedule and create reports as needed to monitor, track and measure performance at all levels
5. Work closely with Transportation and Customer Service teams to evaluate truck loads, fill expedite request, and/or change routing
6. Works closely with inventory teams to ensure inventory integrity when replacement product is needed to fill order.
7. Translate projected order forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into outbound production plan with a time-phased output driven by customer required date
8. Work effectively with both ERP and WMS systems to ensure effective order prioritization
9. Calculate order processing lead times based on staffing levels, order mix, VAS requirements, and order required dates.
10. Measure and monitor capacity.
11. Resolve rejected orders created through the waving process in a timely manner to ensure orders do not age as a result of the rejection.
12. Waving territory and international shipments, and assisting with customs documentation and label creation and use of multiple systems (WMS, NAV/ERP, Agile).
13. Other duties as assigned.