The Coman Product Manager will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of products manufactured and packaged by a third party for domestic and international sale. This role will lead the co-packaging and co-manufacture sourcing process by utilizing negotiating and relationship management expertise with vendors, strategizing methods of cost reduction, developing and analyzing financial allocations and contributing valuable service to the company and its customers. The Coman Product Manager will develop and communicate sales forecasts and trend information to ensure proper supplies are available to meet customer demand. This role will contribute to sourcing efforts with legal and ethical means of ensuring lowest total cost of co-packaging partners, clarifying vendor requirements and identifying opportunities for business improvement. While the Coman Products Manager is a very strategic role, the ideal candidate will have experience in and appreciation of both large scale strategy as well as day to day tactical responsiveness, taking particular care of special requests and projects that demand smaller supply, specialty items or changed / condensed delivery timeframes.
1. Responsible for sourcing third party manufactures of optimal value both domestically and internationally; highest quality and best service with lowest system cost, exceeding $30M per year.
2. Partner to secure sources for raw materials, including identifying and selecting alternate sources for co-packers.
3. Ensure optimal value for company, including but not limited to lowest total system cost, highest quality and best service for all co-packers.
4. Plan production needs and forecast demand to ensure timely delivery of products.
5. Co-ordinate with our co-packers or third party suppliers for the delivery of finished product, working with contract manufacturers to resolve shortages and delivery issues
6. Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers, establish KPIs and manage overall supplier delivery& quality performance, code of conduct and overall reliable supply
7. Participate in all investigations and root cause analysis for any quality issue related to products.
8. Investigate and resolve issues regarding prompt and acceptable receipt of products.
9. Support all new product development regarding identifying co-packer partners and participates in supplier meetings to understand and coordinate material build schedules.
10. Solicits information on material requirements from internal customers. Consolidates and classifies information to provide support to key decision makers in the development of annual plans.
11. Ensure a competitive advantage in meeting cost, quality and service metrics of internal customers by ensuring proper alignment with appropriate technologies/suppliers and fostering and maintaining positive working relationships with vendor base
12. Developing and leveraging global sourcing expertise in both domestic and international markets
13. Participate as a full business partner with research and development (R&D) and operations on all sourcing opportunities.
14. Participate in and conduct audits of suppliers as well as attending industry trade shows and seminars to remain current with industry trends
15. Develop and nurture cross functional relationships across the organization.
· Requires 7-10 years of direct experience building and maintaining business relationships. Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Food Science or related degrees) preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education as approved by executive management.
· Ability to use MS Office suite at an intermediate level. Experience with planning and sourcing software is preferred.
· Ability to maximize and leverage relationships in order to negotiate from greatest strength.
· Strong business acumen with deep understanding of project management, total cost management and financial analysis.
· Understanding and use of technical tools for analysis, problem solving, quality improvement and deriving strategic business plans for co-packers and 3rd party vendors both domestically and internationally.
· Customer focused - Understanding of “Sense of Urgency”
· Travel required 20% of the time
· Assertiveness to negotiate and mediate complex pricing and financial implications of contracts; demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others in a dynamic high pressure environment.
· Detail oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects to achieve desired outcome in a timely and accurate manner