Under the direction of the Blending Manager, the Blending Supervisor will direct and aid a team to manufacture a variety of dry powders within set specifications to be used by a wide variety of external customers in the food industry. The Blending Supervisor is responsible for the quality of blends, accurate completion of all paper work, sanitation of blender and blending area, meeting all sample analysis requirements, assigning tasks to team personnel, aiding with departmental audits, and completing small projects when necessary.
1. Directs the daily operations of assigned department.
2. Ensures compliance to company standards.
3. Trains and directs team members.
4. Schedules production flow.
5. Completes shift blending summary.
6. Tracks department labor hours and productivity factors.
7. Creates and maintains work schedules.
8. Ensures GMP's are followed.
9. Complies with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
10. Ensures all documentation is tracked and logged.
11. Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment.
12. Focused on providing customer service.
13. Reviews and complies with all batch blending reports.
14. Assigns and monitors breaks and time keeping.
15. Support the new products validation activities in conjunction with the cross-functional teams.
16. Revise SOP’s and Forms to comply with current practices.
17. Support QA activities related to the blending processes and raw materials.
18. Provides effective leadership, direction and coaching to direct and indirect reports including, but not limited to, delegating, staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
19. Other duties as assigned.