The Nutrition Support Dietetic Technician is a front line service position responsible for furthering the success and increasing the lifetime value of our clients by responding to their nutritional, behavioral, exercise, and product/program concerns via phone and e-mail.
The overall expectation of this position is to provide superior service and support to our coaches and clients through an understanding of nutrition, health/wellness, exercise, or behavioral strategies to optimize client success with the Medifast/OPTAVIA® programs and products.
• Provide program and product guidance via one-on-one telephone consults, and e-mail responses taking into consideration individual client needs including age, weight, nutrient requirements, knowledge and abilities, medical, economic, and individual preferences.
• Provides individual nutritional, behavioral, exercise, program and/or product support to coaches and clients.
• Maintains a friendly, professional, and caring demeanor towards coaches, clients and co-workers in all forms of communications following guidelines and procedures.
• Assists and educates coaches and clients on Medifast/OPTAVIA® programs, plans, Fuelings and meals, as well as other wellness topics such as weight loss, weight maintenance, and exercise and behavior modification.
• Working in conjunction with our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, helps to ensure that nutritionally accurate, exercise appropriate, health-promoting information is provided to Medifast/OPTAVIA® coaches and clients. Consults with the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist team as needed for best coach and client outcomes.
• Supports clients from the company, particularly OPTAVIA®.
• Assists with on-going support of an employee centric corporate wellness program and healthy lifestyle promotions, as well as all other duties or projects as assigned.
• Provides support to include regional events, conventions, conferences, etc. as requested.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, health or wellness field preferred OR equivalent work experience
Prefer one of the following: Registered Dietetic Technician with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics OR Licensed Nutritionist status in the state of Maryland OR Professional Certification in the nutrition, health, and wellness field (ex: Certified Personal Trainer)
Ability to interpret and organize data in an effective and useful manner, ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Prefer 1-3 years of dietetic or related experience (strong interest in health and wellness)
Ability to communicate effectively to audiences with a variety of knowledge/skill levels
Ability to work with confidential customer and company information
Ability to be self-directed, highly organized and proactive
Excellent listening skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation
Basic computer skills and familiar with a Windows operating system
Travel up to 10%