Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re helping to change someone’s life for the better. How would that make you feel? If you answered… amazing, then a career at Medifast might be a perfect fit for you!
We’re looking for talented, driven individuals who are looking to pursue a rewarding career in the health and wellness industry. If you’re passionate about helping people, changing lives and making a difference, we encourage you to review our current opportunities and apply to be part of our team!
The Inventory Planner’s primary focus is on maintaining and managing inventory supply at the finished goods and raw material level to ensure customer requirements can be met given capacity constraints, material availability and financial objectives. The Inventory Planner will regularly interact with all functional areas in the company to meet strategic company goals.
1. Participates in collaborative planning process with Medifast Marketing and functional departments within Supply Chain and Finance. Creates and monitors against monthly Supply Plan(s) using the DSX planning software.
2. Develops inventory targets, such as ABC patterns (inventory prioritization), and monitors inventory levels to optimize operations, service levels and working capital investment.
3. Identifies long-term critical supply constraints; works with Supply Chain functions to resolve.
4. Monitors short-term operational efficiencies, capacities and inventories (raw, Work In Proccess, and finished) to identify potential supply interruptions to customers.
5. Coordinates new product introductions and discontinuations with cooperation from Product Development, Supply Chain, IT, Marketing and Finance.
6. Key control for item management across Supply Chain team - Leads efforts to ensure ERP data is accurate and complete to create MRP (materials requirements planning) output for manufacturing and purchasing activities.
7. Measures and reports on key supply chain metrics, including forecast accuracy, on-time delivery, and inventory valuation; identifies new metrics and reports to improve overall supply chain performance.
8. Other duties as assigned.