The Lead Maintenance Mechanic is able to perform all of the duties of a Mechanic plus lead a team of Mechanics in the setup, repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. Mechanic responsibilities include diagnosing and repairing problems with all production equipment, performing routine preventative maintenance, and performing equipment changeovers and setups. Team Lead responsibilities include assigning and coordinating the daily activities of team members the performance of mechanical, plumbing and electrical maintenance. The Team Lead also monitors and inspects the work of the team and initiates corrective measures to meet established SOP standards.
1. Able to proficiently diagnose, repair, replace and/or overhaul all mechanical and electrical components for numerous types of equipment to include but not limited to material handling equipment, packaging lines, blenders, conveyors and related software programs, hydraulic equipment, electrically operated equipment, air compressors, refrigeration/heating systems, air handlers and ductwork, variable speed controllers, etc.
2. Adhere to GMPs and Safety Processes to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
3. Manage daily activities of mechanic team, coordinating repairs and maintenance based upon equipment manufacturer’s specifications. Monitor the team’s response time to calls for assistance, and the quality of the work performed by the team members. Train new team members.
4. Execute and ensure preventative maintenance program/schedule as established by the company.
5. Spare Part and Supply Inventory maintenance to include tracking and ordering parts and supplies to ensure inventory levels support current maintenance levels.