Responsible for the general oversight, planning and coordination of warehouse operations. This includes leadership in managing workflow, delegation of tasks, continuous improvements and ensuring that all warehouse colleagues are properly trained in all relevant aspects of operations. Ensures adherence to state and federal laws, OSHA requirements, and all Jason Pharmaceuticals work rules and guidelines. Ensures hourly and daily quotas are met and with required accuracy rates as well.
Oversees a staff up to 20.
This is a 2nd shift position from 5:00pm to 2:30am
1. Oversee the overall aspects of the facility to include returns, receiving, warehouse, production, quality, facilities, inventory and administration.
2. Coaches and mentors direct staff to achieve departmental standards and efficiencies of meeting inventory standards of 99.9% accuracy.
3. Ensures employees are trained appropriately and complete the on-boarding checklist.
4. Complete employee performance appraisals in accordance with company timelines.
5. Responsible for performance of hourly employees, providing feedback verbally and in writing.
6. Leads and manages warehouse operations and employees while ensuring exceptional customer service.
7. Responsible for safety, employees, material handling, inventory, capital asset and expense management.
8. Understand, implement, and carry out all Company policies, procedures, and standards.
9. Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the warehouse through the use of KPIs, with a primary focus on cost controls.
10. Responsible for establishing work schedules, assigning jobs, training staff, coaching, counseling and creating a culture that supports high employee morale.
11. Stand-in for the Operations Manager as needed.
12. Ensure a clean and safe work environment, in accordance with warehouse operating standards, GWP, SQF, and internal and external regulations.
13. Properly delegate tasks as needed.
14. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively via phone, email, and in-person.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is required to have High School diploma or equivalent and two (2) years experience in a warehouse environment, preferably in distribution warehousing environment (production, inventory management, shipping and receiving), and managing direct reports. Additional qualities include: The ability to multi-task, prioritize efficiently and communicate effectively with others; Experience in WMS (Warehouse Management System) is preferred and experience with JDA is a plus. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Microsoft office products, general warehouse safety rules and regulations, Forklift operation, and RF units. Experience with a “pick to light” system is a plus to include how to trouble-shoot issues as they arise in the pick modules.