Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re helping to change someone’s life for the better. How would that make you feel? If you answered… amazing, then a career at Medifast might be a perfect fit for you!
We’re looking for talented, driven individuals who are looking to pursue a rewarding career in the health and wellness industry. If you’re passionate about helping people, changing lives and making a difference, we encourage you to review our current opportunities and apply to be part of our team!
The Production Supervisor Directly supervises approximately (17-20) personnel in the Manufacturing, Shipping & Receiving Departments. This includes sanitation and maintenance personnel on 2nd shift. Responsible for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
1. Provide direction and leadership in their respective department and shift. Must be willing to work any shift to ensure production needs are met.
2. Supervise Team Leaders and personnel for packaging, blending and shipping/receiving on assigned shift. 2nd and 3rd shift Supervisors will also be responsible for direct supervision of maintenance and sanitation personnel. This includes coaching, developing and training employees on their staff as needed to ensure an efficient, stable and friendly work environment.
3. Provides effective leadership, direction and coaching to direct and indirect reports including, but not limited to, delegating, staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
4. Coordinate and communicate activities within purchasing, and QA/QC teams.
5. Develop, maintain and document process controls.
6. Develop or utilize existing production reporting tools to review daily productivity.
7. Must manage and meet production goals as set by the Production Manager.
8. Oversee cleanliness of manufacturing area: Cleanliness is the responsibility of everyone in the plant.
9. Assist with the installation of all new equipment and processes
10. Any other duties outlined by the Production & Blending Managers.
11. Manage the flow of materials into and out of assigned packaging lines and blenders.
12. Enforce all federal, state, environmental, company safety regulations, and ensure training of employees is adequate in order to ensure compliance with these standards.
13. Effectively communicate all relevant production information to the appropriate staff members.
14. Confers with management and quality personnel on manufacturing problems, and recommends changes in equipment, documentation, layout or work practices to improve manufacturing standards.
15. Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.