The Raw Commodities Managers responsibility is to lead the commodity sourcing process both domestically and internationally by utilizing negotiating and relationship management expertise with vendors, strategizing methods of cost reduction, developing and analyzing financial allocations for raw materials and contributing valuable service to the company and its customers. The Manager will contribute to procurement department with legal and ethical means of ensuring lowest total cost of raw materials, clarifying vendor requirements and identifying opportunities for business improvement. Daily responsibility for forecasting, planning, organizing, and directing the purchasing activity for the above including, but not limited to, preparing bid packages/RFP, supplier selection, price negotiations, contract development, supplier on-boarding, supplier management and building strong stakeholder relationships.
1. Responsible for procuring raw materials of optimal value to support domestic and international business for the company while maintaining PPV (Purchase Price Variance) for entire raw material category.
2. Establish a portfolio of key strategic partners to support the annual operating budget and meet overall production needs. Manage from a purchasing perspective the aspects of technical specifications and regulatory approval of product.
3. Ability to build strategic supplier relationships. Lead projects and project teams.
4. Develop and implement a sourcing strategy aligned to KPI goals & objectives including regional spend management and supply base optimization.
5. Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers, establish KPIs and manage overall supplier delivery & quality performance, code of conduct and overall reliable supply.
6. Manage risk and supplier compliance within this category of spend. Ensure supplier conformance to quality policies, EHS and overall industry regulations.
7. Support all New Product Development regarding identifying Raw Material suppliers and participates in supplier meetings to understand and coordinate material build schedules.
8. Solicits information on material requirements from internal customers. Consolidates and classifies information to provide support to key decision makers in the development of annual plans.
9. Develop contingency plans, ensure competitive sources of supply, and proactively manage challenges.
10. Ensure a competitive advantage in meeting cost, quality and service metrics of internal customers by ensuring proper alignment with appropriate technologies/suppliers and fostering and maintaining positive working relationships with vendor base
11. Developing and leveraging global sourcing expertise in both domestic and international markets.
12. Participate in and conduct audits of suppliers as well as attending industry trade shows and seminars to remain current with industry trends.
13. Participate as a full business partner with Research and Development (R&D) and Operations on specific sourcing opportunities.
Assertiveness to negotiate and mediate complex pricing and financial implications of contracts; demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others in a dynamic high pressure environment.